Our life experience is shaped by our thinking, and the meaning we attach to circumstances and events. Even obstacles and challenges have value when we can see it. And let’s face it, there are plenty of these to face in this world! But we can develop convictions that will help us feel happier and achieve more, regardless of the situation. Following are some empowering beliefs that you can start using today to transform your life through the power of positive thinking. The key: feel it when you think it! This sends a signal to the body that it’s happening or has already happened. This is how affirmations become manifestations. Try it!
Empowering Beliefs to Make You Smile
- “I understand my potential.” You can achieve amazing results when you put your mind to it. Feel excited about reaching your true potential.
- “I count my blessings, big and small.” List each thing that you are grateful for and feel that appreciation in the body and mind. Include the smaller items, like warm socks or tart cranberries. Expressing your appreciation reminds you of how rich you are.
- “I learn from mistakes.” You can make setbacks work for you by focusing on the lessons that they contain. Flubbing one job interview can teach you how to ace the next one. Imagine the satisfaction of the learning rather than dwelling on the mistake.
- “I find meaning in adversity.” Tough times can be the most rewarding phase of your life. Know that you can emerge from any challenge with greater wisdom and courage. Look back at the obstacles you’ve already overcome, and then feel the knowing that you can handle what’s ahead.
- “I embrace change.” Accept that life is a series of changes. Focus on the present moment, and then prepare yourself to adapt to whatever circumstances come your way.
- “I dream big.” Expand your wish list. Setting demanding but attainable goals will give you adventures to look forward to each day. Envision achieving the dream. What does it feel like?
- “I practice forgiveness.” Lighten your load by clearing away any resentment you’re holding onto from the past. Set reasonable boundaries while you respond with compassion when others disappoint you. Pardon yourself too.
- “I give generously.” Sharing your blessings makes you more powerful and joyful. Volunteer in your community and speak kindly to each person you meet today. Buy coffee for your co-workers or give your receptionist a flower. How does that make you feel?
An upbeat attitude increases happiness and productivity. Questioning old assumptions is key to being able to replace them with a new sense of certainty about yourself and your future. Adopting empowering beliefs will build confidence and prepare you for greater success. Start today. You’ll be glad you did!
Want to learn how to power these up to the next level? Book a consult with me, sign up for my free e-book “6 Steps to Getting Unstuck and Powered Up” or join my Mind Redesign program!